The Grasshopper II is one of Tamiya's iconic radio control car kits from the late 1980's. It was an enhanced follow up release to the original Grasshopper kit. This re-release (2017) kit features a number of updates while keeping largely faithful to the original model. Its streamlined construction process makes this kit perfect for less experienced users and R/C veterans alike, while separately sold option parts can be used to enhance the model.
About the Chassis
A rugged ABS resin chassis is more than up to the stresses of off-road driving, and features lightweight durable plastic suspension arms, gearboxes and so on - the result is a lightweight and durable unit. Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension combine for a responsive drive, while a fully enclosed gearbox is integrated with the rear axle and has a built-in differential gear to aid smooth cornering. One-piece wheels are paired with front grooved and rear spike tires for solid performance.
• 1/10 scale R/C 2WD buggy model assembly kit. Length: 400mm, width: 221mm, height: 139mm.
• The Grasshopper II body is molded in durable white polystyrene resin.
• Includes a driver figure for attachment to the body.
• Features a rugged ABS resin bathtub chassis to withstand the rough-and-tumble fun of off-road driving.
• Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension setups are actuated by coil-spring friction dampers.
• Fully enclosed rear gearbox contains a differential gear to aid smooth cornering.
• Front ribbed tires give great straight-line grip, and rear spike tires provide powerful drive. They are matched with 8-spoke one-piece lightweight wheels.
• Compatible with tune-up parts such as standard Type 540 motors (requires nine 1150 ball bearings & one 850 ball bearing) and CVA mini oil dampers.
• Kit comes with 380 size motor.
• Requires 2-channel radio, Tamiya TS spray paint, 7.2volt battery, and compatible charger.