This Tamiya large-scale model kit recreates the Renault RE-20 Turbo. Specifically, this kit is a re-release (originally released in 2006) with new Cartograf decals and marking instruction.
About the RE-20 Turbo
In 1977, Renault’s RS-01 (first turbo engine Formula One car) started challenging in races, and in 1979, the RS-10 achieved its first triumph. The RE-20 Turbo was modified version of the RS-10, and this car had a 30kg weight reduction and employed 1.5-liter V6 DOHC twin turbocharged engine capable of around 520hp. Get this re-issued model which depicts the pioneer car of the Formula One turbo engine era.
• 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 389mm, width: 184mm.
• Super detailed turbocharger 6-cylinder engine and transmission.
• Front and rear suspension equipped with coil springs are movable.
• Screw-attached cowlings are detachable to show interiors such as frame structure and cooling system even after assembly.
• The steering wheel turns the front wheels.
• Side skirts can be moved up and down.
• Features semi-pneumatic synthetic rubber tires.
• Comes with metal-plated parts to recreate wings and air intakes, and photo-etched parts to depict radiator, intercooler, oil cooler and brake discs, and metal transfers for use on side mirrors and instrumental panel (new).
• High-quality decals made by Cartograf are included.