Stock - Pro Category July 2023
STOCK PRO CLASS
Rules and Regulations
Golden Rule: All Tamiya Cars and parts only.
Welcome to the Brickyard Stock Pro Category Racing. Please read the guide carefully. This will serve as our rules and regulations. These rules will be strictly implemented.
No modification to any chassis, body, motor, tire, wheel, battery, and parts can be accepted.
The most important rule once again, ALL TAMIYA only!
- ***ALL TAMIYA ONLY***. **This will be STRICTLY enforced through inspection before every race. If it is determined that a car contains "non-Tamiya" parts, the car and racer will NOT RACE that heat and will be considered as having lost the heat. While it is acceptable to paint parts, if the inspector’s are unable to identify that it is an original Tamiya part, the inspector may conclude that it is NOT A TAMIYA PART. The inspector's decision is final.
- One car per racer only. We register the racer, not the car.
- Alkaline (1.5V) or Rechargeable batteries (1.2V) are allowed. Be advised that there may not be enough outlets in the venue. We will not be able to provide additional outlets. Please bring enough batteries.
- This will be the Brickyard Stock Pro Category.
USABLE MACHINE TYPES
- Only Tamiya Mini 4WD motors are allowed. Further restrictions on machine types may be possible depending on the race event or race class.
- All machines must be four-wheel drive
- All types of bodies (plastic/poly carb) are allowed. Bodies should have stickers or
- painted for racers identification.
- Bodies must be fixed front and rear with Tamiya body catches.
- All machines must go through car inspection and machines that do not pass inspection cannot participate in the race.
List of motors that can be used
- Type 130 motor (from the box)
- Torque-Tuned 2
- Atomic-Tuned 2
- Rev-Tuned 2
- Hyper-Dash 3
- Hyper-dash 3 (Japan and TMAC models)
- Torque-Tuned PRO
- Torque-Tuned 2 PRO
- Atomic Tuned PRO
- Atomic Tuned 2 PRO
- Rev-Tuned 2 PRO
- Light Dash PRO
- Hyper Dash PRO
- Mach-Dash PRO
- Disassembling the motor to change the number of coils and other such illegal modifications are prohibited.
- If there are indications that the motor cap has been detached, it will be judged as being illegally modified.
- Motors that are not mentioned can be checked by the inspectors for approval.
- Mixing other gear ratio are prohibited.
- Using of metal pinion is not allowed.
- Using of hallow propeller is not allowed
- Plastic bearing or eyelet is allowed. Installing gear bearing is prohibited.
- Fluorine coated gear shaft is allowed.
- Lightening, cutting edges, making holes and sanding is prohibited.
- Carbon crown gear are not allowed.
- Mixing of orange crown and pink crown gear is not allowed.
Only AA batteries like Alkaline, Nimh and NiCad are allowed. Other types of batteries are prohibited.
No modification to any chassis, body, motor, tire, wheel, and parts can be accepted.
- Racer can use plastic and polycarbonate bodies.
- Racer should put sticker or painted the bodies for racers identification.
- Bodies must be fixed front AND rear with Tamiya body catches. Moving body is prohibited.
- Bodies may not be split into separate pieces.
- Any combination of body and chassis is permitted.
- Canopy sections may be cut away or removed if an animal figure is use
- Animal figures must be securely cemented or attached with double-sided tape. Cars will be disqualified if their animal figure or parts of the body falls out, or if cutaway sections on the body, wing etc. break.
- Installation of foreign objects to gain weights is prohibited.
- Lights and other accessories maybe allowed upon the approval of the inspector.
- Chassis with support or additional reinforcement are not allowed
- Chassis that are damage or repaired are not allowed.
- Lightening of chassis, drilling and cutting edges is not allowed.
- Underlying screw beneath the chassis are prohibited.
- Rear bumper (tail) can be mixed with other chassis. Modification and cutting any part of the chassis to fit the rear tail is not allowed.
- Kits that do not have the front or rear skid bars on the manual cannot be installed on the machine.
- Installations of plates, mass dampers, poles and upgrade parts are not allowed.
- Bending and Down Thrusting of front bumper, rear bumper and wing are prohibited.
- Only plastic rollers and plastic bearing can be installed on the chassis.
TIRES & WHEELS
- Tires may not be modified.
- No modification to the tire size.
- Reverse wheel set and piercing are not allowed.
- Washer are allowed to use in the wheel set.
- Tires may be affixed to wheels (double-sided tape, cement, etc. are permitted).
- Mixed usage of tires with the same size are allowed. (ex. small Low friction tires and small super hard tires)
- Tires and wheels must be of the same size. (ex. Small rim and small rubber)
- Mixed wheels size are not allowed (ex. Medium rear and small front)
- Upgrade wheel set are allowed but should have the same design on the kits.
- One way, aluminum wheel set, steering wheel, locknut and sponge tires are not allowed.
- Using of hard shaft are allowed, hallow shaft are prohibited
- Reinforced, repaired and tampered wheel set are not allowed.
- Rollers may not be modified. Colored and painted rollers are not allowed.
- A maximum of 6 rollers are allowed.
- Side stay roller should be used us stabilizer only.
- Plastic double roller size below 12.8mm are not permitted.
- Removing of roller rubber are not allowed.
- Rollers from tuned up parts are not allowed (ex. Three attachment point)
- Only one set of Plastic double roller can be installed.
- Low Friction plastic double rollers with rubber ring is allowed
- Modification of rear screws and washers are not allowed such as sanding of screws or enlarging washer holes.
- Only official combinations of chassis and “A” parts are permitted. Example: Super-1 chassis battery cover may not be used on the Super-II chassis.
- Gold terminal are allowed. Double stocking of terminals is not allowed.
- Parts made from Mini 4WD catchers may not be used.
- Using of 2 set of rollers are allowed only in the chassis of MA, VZ, AR, and FMA.
Any other questions, please ask the inspectors to settle before the race.
FOR COMPETITIONS AT OFFICIAL RACE COURSES
- The start of the race will be indicated by a signal from a Tamiya race official or a starting signal system. Racers will switch on their cars, hold them in the air with one hand, and drop them vertically into their assigned lane at the start signal. Throwing or pushing the car forward is prohibited.
- A racer will immediately retire from a race if their car leaves the track, flips over, jumps into another lane, or if their car's body detaches during the race. The race marshals will have the final discretion whether to pick up a car that is no longer upright on the track.
- If race officials determine that a racer's car is blocking the progress of faster machines, the racer will be required to retire.
- A car's race is completed when it reaches the required laps.
- Qualifying and Final positions are determined by either the race finishing order or Time Attack time.
- Machine that are finished sideways and upside down will be declared DNF*.
- Winner machine should be lying down, all wheels on the tracks.
- A minimal inspection can be done during the elimination rounds. If any part of the car is determined to be against race regulations, the racer will be considered to have lost the corresponding heat. If the racer has not reached his/her maximum loses, the racer may make the required modifications and participate in the racer’s next heat.
- A full inspection should be done in the quarters. Any violation may result to Disqualification of the racers
- From the time the car passes the car inspection to when the race begins, the car's settings must not be changed and no modifications can be made.
- In addition to the pre-race car inspection, other car inspections may occur at any time during the race day at the race official's discretion. If the car is found to be in violation of the race regulations at any of these inspections, the racer's race results up to that point will be disqualified and the racer must make necessary changes in order to participate in subsequent races.
- If a machine does not pass car inspection, and cannot be made race-legal, the participant can NOT take part in the Qualifying rounds.
- If any of the following situations occur, race officials will, at their discretion, have absolute authority to disqualify any racer. Please take care to remember the common manners for a Mini 4WD race to avoid any problems.
- A racer's car is determined to have modifications that will cause physical harm to other racers, other cars, or the race track.
- A racer's car is determined to have modifications that are designed to deliberately obstruct other cars.
- A racer deliberately puts grease or other substances onto the track or machine to affect track surface conditions.
- A racer is determined to have modified their car after it had passed the car inspection including, but not limited to, removing O-ring from rollers.
- A racer is determined to have deliberately touched the track or cars to impede other racers' race progress.
- A racer does not follow the instructions of race officials or otherwise impedes the operations of the race track.
- A racer has a false start, or is determined to have thrown or pushed their cars forward at the start of a race.
- A racer is determined to have acted against the spirit of fair play or caused distress to other participants.
- Participants may raise objections to the race officials. However, these objections must be made before the next race begins.
- Race officials reserve the right to announce the use of special regulations at any time during the race.
- Please be aware that some races have age limitations, so it may be that some participants cannot take part in certain classes or races.
- Except for endurance races, it is against regulations to have more than 2 racers using the same car.