This cost-effective model kit set includes Item 61115 (1/48 Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien (Tony) and 32558 (1/48 Japanese 4x4 Light Vehicle Type 95 Kurogane) with a special package. The Hien was the only Japanese aircraft which employed a liquid-cooled engine during WWII. Among several different variants produced, the Ki-61-Id featured a 20cm-elongated nose to house 20mm cannons, plus 12.7mm wing machine guns, and showed its power to beat U.S. B29s. The “Kurogane’’ was developed for the Japanese Army as the world’s first lightweight 4x4 vehicle. From December 1937, after various improvements, a new type was produced. It carried 3 passengers and had a 33hp engine. The lightweight 4x4 Kurogane was used for reconnaissance and communication in China, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific.
About the Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien (Tony)
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 187mm, wingspan: 250mm.
• Details such as liquid-cooled engine, 20mm cannon ammo cases and oil cooler are realistically depicted.
• Both standard and clear left fuselage parts are included.
• Canopy can be assembled open or closed.
• A removable upper cowling section on the nose allows inspection of the engine, even after assembly.
• Includes masking stickers to paint canopy.
• Comes with one pilot figure, and two marking options recreating aircraft of the 244th Air Group.
About the 4x4 Light Vehicle Kurogane
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 75mm.
• Includes decals and metal transfer to depict star mark on the front grille.
• Comes with a standing commander and driver figure.