Tamiya presents a plastic assembly kit for the M2A2 ODS Infantry Fighting Vehicle, a vehicle that in March 2003, was used on the front line in Iraq supporting the 3rd Armored Infantry Division as they pushed there way to Baghdad. The kit comes fully equipped with extra attachments to accurately replicate the real vehicle.
About the M2A2 ODS Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Production of the M2 Infantry Fighting Vehicles began in 1980. Based on operations in the Gulf War in 1991, a further improved M2A2 ODS (Operation Desert Storm) was later developed in 1996. The M2A2 ODS featured the latest in electronics, including a laser range finder, missile countermeasure device, GPS and digital compass antenna sensor. After friendly fire incidents in the Gulf War, a CIP (Combat Identification Panel) was developed and attached to the sides and the rear of the M2A2 ODS. In March 2003, M2A2 ODS units attached to the 3rd Armored Infantry Division were at the front line in the Iraq War.
About the Model
- Overall length: 193mm
- Laser range finder, GPS antenna, rear sensors and box exhaust have been accurately replicated.
- Comes with option of two 25mm cannons.
- Tracks with highly durable pads.
- CIP attached on both sides and the rear.
- Plenty of extra attachments including personnel equipment such as alice packs and sleeping bag.
- Body armor wearing commander and gunner half-figures included.
- Decals for 3 different vehicles deployed to Iraq and 3 different vehicles deployed on NATO operations.