The all-new XV-02 Pro chassis kit is Tamiya’s second modern era, purpose built, 4WD Rally machine! The XV-01 Pro incorporated a 4WD belt drive system with clever positioning of the RC electronic components with debris protection compartments. The all-new XV-02 Pro takes its 4WD drivetrain into a different direction by using a shaft-driven system with front mid-ship motor placement that incorporates equal length front and rear propeller shafts!
XV-02 chassis at a glance:
• Comes with two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance. (Over-Drive and Under-Drive Adjustment)
• Use 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear.
• Features newly-designed parts such as gears, bathtub frame chassis, chassis cover, caster blocks featuring 6-degree caster angle (XV-01 chassis: 10-degree caster angle), and bumpers with skid angles to reduce surface contact.
• The motor mount, propeller shafts, input and center shafts, and urethane bumpers have new metal parts.
• Features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center-left for optimum balance.
• Long aluminum dampers are employed at front and rear.
• A polycarbonate chassis cover with wheel well liners help prevent dirt and dust from getting inside.
• Suspension arms and front uprights are based upon the XV-01 chassis kit.
• Comes with rally block tires and wheels.
• Requires: Tamiya Rally Body, 2-channel radio, servo, ESC, 540-type motor, and 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger.
Specifications ● Chassis length 368mm (excluding body) ● Chassis width 180mm ● Wheel base 257mm ● Frame = bathtub type ● Drive system = front midship motor / shaft drive 4WD ● Diff gear = oil-filled gear differential for both front and rear ● Steering = 3-split tie rod type ● Suspension = 4-wheel double wishbone ● Damper = Aluminum cylinder long oil damper (blue cap specification) ● Gear ratio = 9.58: 1 when using the 19T pinion included in the kit (10.71: 1 to 6.28: 1 in combination with the separately sold pinions (Up to 14 types of gear ratios can be selected)